Ya weekly hive selfie
1. You don’t have to shave your legs in the winter because no one ever sees them. Hello super-warm winter fuzz.
2. FREEDOM. You can do what you want whenever you like and no one can stop you. Impromtu night out with your pals, why not? A whole cake for breakfast? Suely. Random European city break? Go for it. Five nights out in a row? Fuck it.
3. You get to spend all of your money on yourself. Never mind expensive birthday and Christmas gifts for your other half, take that cash and spend it on copious numbers of new shoes and other pretty things.
4. You get really good at giving yourself orgasms. Not that sure any potential new suitor will be able to rival the thrills you get from a vibrator.
5. So much time for activities. You don’t have to plan your days and weeks around anyone else, so you can take up new hobbies and start projects that you’ve been putting off for years.
6. That extra level of closeness you get with your single friends. Maybe even a little too close with some of them..
7. Starfishing in bed. Sweeeeeet.
8. Guilt-free creeping on anyone that catches your eye, any time you like. You stare at that guys butt in the gym as much as you want gurl.
9. You’re not tied down to anywhere. You wanna study abroad for three months? Off you go. Sweet internship opportunity in London? No problems.
There are definitely worse situations to be in!
It’s annoying because I know exactly what I want, I just don’t know where to find it.
I want a guy who has a similar sense of humour to me, has a decent job/ is studying, has ambition and goals, is looking for someone to settle down with, wants to travel, has been in a long term relationship before, is excellent in bed.
Also preferably: Irish, wears glasses, isn’t too tall, likes cuddling loads and wants to hold my hand.
Now why can’t I just fire these requirements out into the world and then this man can just come out of nowhere and love me forever?
The last few days have been super bad head days.
That date that I went on on Thursday wasn’t good. The guy was so immature and kept just doing strange things. I’ve decided that I hate everyone. Since then I did a pretty dumb thing and started talking to Kerr again. I just miss him so much and I’m starting to really believe that no matter who I meet, nothing will ever be as good and as easy and as comfortable as it was with him, so maybe we are worth one more chance. A final shot. I’ve been weighing up the fors and againsts and it’s like waging a war inside my brain.
I just can’t handle being this miserable anymore.
I’ve been attempting to self-soothe today, I had a long shower and did a hair masque and then went to the shops and bought some niiice new boots and now I’m having pizza for tea and I’m going out tonight so hopefully all this will cheer me up a wee bit. I do feel brighter now than I did earlier.
It’s been one week since Scotland voted No and what’s happened so far?
We’re off to war with Iraq again. Innocent lives will be taken at our hands. MPs are against more powers for Scotland. Cameron has assured them that Scottish funding will decrease. Suddenly the NHS is in crisis and we must…
I guess listening to Amnesia and crying is like my thing now.
i feel like once you were emo in middle school youre low key emo for the rest of your life, like you could be 20 in the middle of college wearing uggs or whatever but once you hear the first key to the black parade/i write sins/sugar we’re going down you sprout an imaginary fringe and start yelling your lungs out like its 2007 all over again
Anyway a wee update for my nice loyal followers:
I went to see the 1975 last night and they were good. I wonder what it’s like to be Matty Healy and have a room packed out with young lassies chanting “WE WANT SEX! WE WANT SEX!”
I am continually jaded by young music fans. The couples have some odd compulsion to be glued to each other the entire time which is gross to look at and also I am bitter as fuck. If I went to a gig with my boyfriend and he was constantly trying to grab me I would tell him to get to fuck. Gigs are for dancing.
But none of them dance or jump up and down anymore either because they’re all too busy trying to record the entire gig on their iPhones. Why? Why have you paid £25 for a ticket to come to a live show, only to spend the whole time watching it through your tiny screen? If you wanted to watch shitty-quality, amateur footage of the band then you could have just looked on YouTube.
Uni is shit. I’ve made three pals so far. Two of them are never there and the one that does come in is a disappointment. I went to talk to her because she was wearing a Harry Potter tshirt, skinny jeans and nice trainers but her chat didn’t live up to her outfit. She is, in fact, whiney and annoying and I don’t even like her but now I’m stuck with her. I miss my old class. Third year is also too much work and I am considering throwing in the towel and going to live in the wild to raise squirrels as my cute, vicious children.
I sort of made a vow to myself to take a step away from things like Tinder after what happened with that boy I was seeing because I didn’t want to put myself (or anyone else) through that again but low and behold I have another couple of dates lined up. I hate dates and the entire concept of dating so I have no idea why I’m doing this again. The first one is tonight and I’m really nervous for some reason. He actually has decent chat and we’ve been texting a lot but he’s younger than me so I’m skeptical. I wish there was a website where you can just design your dream man then he is delivered to you in a shiny silver packet like a delicious bar of man-chocolate.
That’s my brain-vomit for today. Back to reading about neoliberal hegemony now.